Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 11th- More Life Changing News....


First off I just want to thank everyone for all the prayers and support, it means more to Brian and I than we could ever express! Again, THANK YOU!

Well it has been a few weeks since my last update and we have been given more life changing news in that time....

Brian was just offered a position with the Oregon State Police with the Fish and Game division! He has been going through the testing and application process for just over a year now. We are both VERY excited about this incredible opportunity, what a blessing from the Lord!!! The bad news is that he leaves for the live-in academy for six months starting September 20th. After the first month of academy he will be able to leave on weekends so we are hoping to be able to schedule the birth for a Friday night or Saturday, but we will just have to wait and see how things go. Please pray for us that Brian will be able to be there when Davis is born.

I went to my latest appointment at OHSU this week and things went surprisingly well. Davis' condition is not getting worse at this point which is great news. They will continue to monitor the defect but will not be able to tell the size or the condition of the problem until he is born. Once he is born they will begin the treatment process depending on the condition of his intestines and then he will eventually go into surgery to fix the defect. Please pray that his intestines stay healthy and undamaged for the next 3 months!

The doctors also told us this week that Davis is in the 24th percentile for his size. Babies with gastroschisis tend to run a bit on the small side normally in addition to being premature at birth.

Our next appointments will be Tuesday, September 8th and Thursday, September 10th. On Tuesday we will have our regular tests and check-up and we will also tour the NICU. On Thursday Brian and I will meet with the surgeon that will operate on Davis once he is born and we will also check out the The Ronald McDonald House.

Overall things are going well! I will continue to keep everyone updated as we go.

Thank you again for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! When I first saw it, I called all my co-workers over to "meet" my Grandson, Davis! I can't wait to REALLY introduce him! Gramma Shan loves you, Little One! XXOO

    ReplyDelete