Thursday, January 21, 2010

Diagnosis


Davis' stomach does not empty fast enough which causes everything else to back up. When he eats it does not move through quickly so he gets sick when he tries to eat again later because there is no where for it to go. To help the problem we have added extra calories to each feeding so we can decrease on volume. This will allow him to get the right nutrition but have less for his stomach to process. Also it appears that he is allergic or his system just can't handle breastmilk so we have switched to a hypoallergenic formula that is easier on his stomach. He is also taking tylenol regularly to help when he gets uncomfortable.

If these things don't work he will start on a medication. We are hoping to stay away from this because of the side effects that go along with it.

We are heading home tonight but going back into the the pediatrician for regular weigh-ins now and we are meeting with surgeon for a follow-up on Thursday.

Overall, he is feeling a lot better, he is even smiling again :-) Thank for your prayers I will post an update when we know more!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. The class has been very interested in knowing what's happening, as you can imagine! I will post comments from them as we can. Linda Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brian and Jordyn, I hope that Davis will do good on the tests and will not have to take any more! Love, Avra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jordyn and Brian, I hope Baby Davis will be better, and my prayers are with him. God bless! Love, Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Bailie: Dear Jordyn and Brian, I hope Davis will soon be fine and he will be a grown-up boy soon! Yours truly...

    From Devon: Dear Jordyn and Brian, I hope Davis will be OK and I hope he will be able to grow up and be as old as you!

    From Shea: I hope Davis, you and Brian have a good day all year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Emily Chavez: Hey Jordyn, my whole family has been praying for Baby Davis and we've also been praying in my first communion class.

    From Emily W: Hi Jordyn and Brian, how is Davis doing? I hope he is OK.

    Andres says: Hi Jordyn and Brian. I hope Davis didn't get hurt and is having a wonderful time being home.

    Madison: Dear Davis, I made you a comic page about my dog Tucker and I hope you have fun reading it.

    From Dillon: My family members have been praying for Baby Davis and making cards for him.

    Jeremiah: I've been praying overnight for Baby Davis and I was wondering how he was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check this out :
    http://www.westonaprice.org/FAQ-Homemade-Baby-Formula.html

    You say it appears that he is allergic or his system just can't handle breastmilk. This is probably a result of something the mother is eating. The mother's milk is always the best- if the mother is healthy. Also, I ask, is he getting any soy? Check out Weston A Price's website. ( http://www.westonaprice.org/ ) Search in the search box on any topic you have a question on.
    Please do not quote me on this as I am NOT a doctor. I just love babies and hope that this information can be helpful to you. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete