Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HOME!!!!

We went into the NICU bright and early yesterday morning like normal and the doctor came up and said that since Rory was eating so well on her own that she was going home!!!

Davis was released one day short of 3 weeks and Rory was released TWO days short of 3 weeks...she beat him by ONE day!!!!!

We go into the pediatrician today for her first of many follow up appointments and we have an appointment with the surgeons for a follow up in 2 weeks.




Rory got to wear her first outfit yesterday, ride in the car and even got a big kiss from Davis! It was a fun day! I will post pictures soon :-)


The average NICU stay for gastroschisis babies is 6 weeks and a lot of kids stay a lot longer...all your prayers have worked!!!

6 comments:

  1. We continue to marvel at the gracious hand of our God! and we're SO THANKFUL for answered prayer!!! You have all been so strong in your faith and have faced these trials with confidence in His plan. We're so proud of you and love you tons!!! Dad and Mom G aka Mike and Shan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! She beat her brother out of NICU. Good for her! SO thankful. Now the real fun begins--two little ones at home. ;) Continuing in our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears of JOY & PRAISE rolling down my cheeks. Thank you JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to check on her Monday night and she wasn't there! Strong work Rory! And of course all of her loving family. I'm sad I never go to care for her, but so happy she wasn't there long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a blessing. If money was made out of happiness, then I would be rich. And it looks as though the sibling rivalry has begun! Also, I wonder if rory will like the nickname Davis gave her. Oh well, I guess we'll find out when she has enough teeth to say no. :p Rory and Davis can definatly prove us wrong. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! She is a feisty one! I wonder who she takes after? ;) Wait...I feel like I've said that before. Hmmmm. Must be true then. lol.

    I'm so excited! I will keep praying she continues to advance and get stronger and stronger each day! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete