Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Good News & Bad News

Hi everyone,
I know it has been a while since I have posted any new information but we have big news to share and a good reason to start using our blog more often....

The great news is that Davis is going to be a big brother! The bad news is we found out on Thursday that the baby has the exact same defect as Davis.


The doctors are completely shocked and have no idea why this happened. Originally they told us the it could not happen again after Davis. Research on this issue states,


"To our knowledge there are seven
published reports of familial occurrence8,13-18. In these families recurrences occurred in sibs, half sibs, first cousins, second cousins once removed, and great uncle and nephew."

So I guess now there will be eight families to ever be documented!


Anyways I wanted to share this information with everyone so we can start praying for this little baby! We need a lot of prayer! The concern is keeping the baby alive until delivery at 36 weeks (or less). The risk of stillbirth with gastroschisis babies is about 14%. We also need to pray that the intestines will remain undamaged--up to 40% of these little guys have
gastrointestinal disruptions.


The new due date is July 19th or earlier. I go back to the hospital for more testing in 2 weeks and hopefully we will find out if we are having a little boy or girl on that day. As soon as we know I will post it on the blog with his or her name so we can pray for him/her by name.

Thank you all for your prayers! I will try to post after each appointment (which should be pretty frequently).

I guess Brian and I were just meant to have children with funny bellybuttons!!!


(You can see in the picture that there is a "cloud" on the belly area (off to the left side). The cloud is the intestines outside of the body.)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Praying for you...love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordyn, I love your attitude! "Funny Bellybuttons" I just giggle every time I think about it! This baby will have all the prayers and love we can give him/her...and that's a LOT! We love you - all 4 of you! :) Dad and Mom Glaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you guys! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!and Crazy! Well, GOD knows you are parents who pray and have a lot of prayer support....and you've been through it...so who better fit for this precious baby, right?! love and prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could Davis BE any cuter or smarter or more precious or...and he made it through all of these trials. The Lynch folks will be prayin' like crazy - believe it! I love your whole family - and what a support system they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jordyn, my heart just ached for you when I heard the news... And yet, I know God works in mysterious ways. As one author puts it, sometimes we just have to "eat the mystery."

    Praying for you and Brian and Davis and all the family, so much. And looking forward to watching God unfold another mysterious miracle... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. My exclamation of "Oh No!" brought Hannah running when I said it was an update from you. We are praying for your physical safety and that of the baby's. If it is His will, I pray that the baby will be healed.

    ReplyDelete