Monday, July 25, 2011

Day of life 6...

I have to apologize for the delay in my update, things have been a bit hectic around here! The Ronald McDonald house was full when I was discharged from the hospital so Brian and I finally got checked into the house last night so now I have a place to get on my computer again :)

Anyway here are the latest updates on Rory...
(pictures will come later tonight, I forgot my camera up at the NICU!)

* Her bladder is working great so the catheter is gone! Yay!

* She had SEVERAL poopy diapers so that is a huge step in the right direction!

* The tube that goes down to drain her stomach is still pulling out a decent amount of stuff so the nurse had to put in a larger tube. This is making her pretty uncomfortable and making her gag quite a bit. Both her and I will be happy when it comes out!!!

* They are hearing tummy sounds which is a great sign but it also means she is getting uncomfortable because things are starting to work. We have been putting heating pads on her tummy to help with the discomfort.

* She is getting hungry but we can't feed her yet...this is one of the toughest things for me to deal with right now. It is even difficult for me to hold her right now because she gets frustrated.

* The surgeons removed her surgery bandage and her belly looks good. She was not a happy camper when the bandage came off though.

* She has not had any more breathing troubles since the one scare.

* Her swelling is finally going down!

* She had her echo and her heart looks great! The doctors were checking to make sure I didn't pass on my heart defects to her.

* Davis is very excited about "Baby Ree-Ree" and likes to blow her kisses when he comes to visit her :)

* Now we are just waiting and trying to be patient, the average length of stay for gastroschisis babies is about 6 weeks or longer.

I will try to be better about updates now that we are settled at the house. If you could please pray for Rory to be able to rest comfortably I would really appreciate it, it is hard for a mom to watch her child hurt and not be able to help! Thank you again for all your prayers and support, we truly appreciate it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the update. Hannah & I have been praying, now we have direction for our prayers.

    ReplyDelete